I liked the colours I had used with this first piece. It was only meant to be a sample. The original piece of felt I thought was two big so I had cut it into two thirds and a third whilst we were at the workshop. This is the two thirds piece.
I didn't think either piece worked so when I got home I cut up both pieces into smaller pieces. Of course I could have left it as a sample but decided I'd rather make it into something.
I tried various ways of reassembling the bits.
I stitched on each piece separately and added gold acrylic paint.
I put the pieces together and sewed them to make this whole textile called Piece by Piece 1
These were the two pieces I made on the second day of the workshop. And I didn't like them. Especially the one on the right that looked like it was an African or Aboriginal mask.
So you surely know what is coming next! Yes. I cut them both up.
I stitched on the pieces and sewed the pieces together. I added copper acrylic paint. This one is called Piece by Piece 2.
If you come to our exhibition at the British Quilt and Stitch Village from April 12th-14th you can see whether these pieces stayed like this or whether I was tempted by more stitching or more cutting up!